The Skip Hire, Skip Bag Alternative!
t 01296 821 801
We Move It!
Moves & Transport
t 01296 821 801
CALL A VAN callavan.co.uk
Proudly hosted with 100% renewable energy by Krystal
Terms and Conditions. Page 1 of 3:
1. These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between us, Call A Van and you the customer. It defines and sets out the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of both you and us under this contract. It is a legally binding contract and so it is important that both parties know where they stand. It does include provisions that limit our responsibilities and potential liability to you. We specifically draw your attention to these.
2. Where we use the word “you” or “your” it means the customer;
“we”, “us” or “our” means us as named above. Where we use the
word “goods” this refers to the items that are to be subject to the removal or storage, pursuant to this contract.
3. It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions that will apply to this contract. If there is anything that you do not understand or do not wish to agree to, then please discuss it with us. Upon receipt of these terms and conditions and your booking reference you are deemed to have accepted the terms This will form a legally binding contract between you and us. That contract will be subject to these terms and conditions.. Only enter into this contract if you wish to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
OWNERSHIP OF THE GOODS
4. IMPORTANT NOTE
You hereby agree and confirm that you are either:
(a) the owner of the goods; and/or
(b) are duly authorised by the owner or owners of the goods to enter into this contract on these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the owner(s).
5. You shall be responsible for any losses, expenses, or other costs incurred by us which are caused by:
(a) an untrue statement made deliberately by you; and/or
(b) the statement at clause 4 not being true.
GOODS THAT WE WILL NOT ACCEPT FOR REMOVAL OR STORAGE
6. We will happily remove and store most items that you may wish to submit for removal or storage.
However, we are, subject to clauses 7-
(a) Any living thing, including any animals, birds, fish and plants;
(b) Any goods that are likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation;
(c) Any goods that require a special licence;
(d) Any goods that require government permission to import or export;
(e) Any food and/or drink that is, or needs to be, refrigerated or frozen;
(f) Any drugs;
(g) Any stolen or prohibited or illegal goods;
(h) Any goods that are potentially dangerous, explosive or otherwise liable to cause damage. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, ammunition, paints, aerosols, gas bottles and canisters; (all paint containers must be declared so as to prevent spillage and contamination of your other items, in the event they are loaded in our vans intentionally or by mistake and they open up while in transit or loading/offloading we accept no responsibility to any damages that may be caused by the paint).
(i) Any jewellery, including trinkets and watches, and precious stones or metals or items made from precious metals or including precious stones;
(j) Any money, securities, financial or legal documents, including but not limited to share certificates and leases;
(k) Any collections of stamps, coins or other similar collectable items.
7. If you intend to submit any such items for removal or storage you must declare this to us in advance of the removal or storage being undertaken. In such circumstances we shall not be obliged to remove or store the items in question unless we have confirmed in writing that we are willing to do so. If we do agree to remove or store the items in question we shall be entitled to charge extra in respect of the same. If you are not happy with the extra charge levied then you shall be entitled to terminate this contract, before the removal or storage commences.
8. If we do agree to accept such items for removal or storage then we shall not be liable for any loss or damage that occurs due to the special nature or sensitivities of the goods involved. Other than this exclusion we remain liable for other losses as we would under the balance of this contract.
9. If such items are removed or stored by us without our knowledge and written agreement to do so then we shall not be liable for any loss or damage to those items whatsoever including but not limited to that occurring due to the special nature or sensitivities of the goods involved.
Furthermore in such circumstances you shall be responsible for any losses, expenses, or other costs incurred by us which are caused by the special nature of the items in question, such as but not limited to clean up costs and damage to other goods.
WHAT WE WILL DO
11. We shall:
(a) pack the goods, if requested and have agreed to do so;
(b) remove them at the agreed time and date and deliver to the delivery address;
(c) unpack them, if requested and have agreed to do so;
(d) store them, if the contract provides for them to be stored.
We shall at all times care for the goods whilst they are in our custody and control showing all reasonable care in the circumstances. We furthermore will endeavour to act and undertake our obligations at all times in a professional manner.
12. We shall only remove or deliver items into a loft, or similar space, if it is safe, which shall include but shall not be limited to being adequately lit and floored, and the access to it being safe.
13. We hold insurance, with a specialist insurer, to cover our potential liability to you for loss or damage to your goods or for losses arising from delay up to the level of liability under this contract. The insurance is subject to terms and policy excess. If you would like more detail as to the level of insurance we hold we would be happy to refer you to our insurance brokers who will discuss the level of cover provided with you.
WHAT WE WILL NOT DO
14. There are certain things that we do not do and which are not covered under this contract. They are:
(a) dismantling or assembling flat pack furniture, or a property’s fitments or fittings;
(b) disconnecting or reconnecting any equipment or appliances;
(c) securing or preparing for transit, as necessary, equipment or appliances, such as but not limited to securing washing machine drums;
(d) taking up or laying fitted floor coverings of any kind;
(e) removing storage heaters unless they are already disconnected and adequately dismantled.
15. Our staff are not authorised or qualified to carry out such work. We recommend that a proper qualified person be separately employed by you to carry out these services.
16. We do not arrange insurance to cover your goods. We are unable to offer this service due to F.S.A. regulation on the sale of insurance.
17. All estimates are made with best intention and any estimates of how long a job will take, and hence the costs, are estimates only. You are liable for the full time that you use the service. estimates are only valid for the same day they are offered. Unless stated otherwise.
If a fixed price for the job has been given this price may be varied if:
I) the quantity of goods has increased
Ii) the floors between the goods has varied
Iii) the number of people to assist with the move has varied without prior notification.
16. Upon receipt of these terms and conditions and your booking reference you are deemed to have accepted the terms This will form a legally binding contract between you and us. That contract will be subject to these terms and conditions.
19. If you make any amendment to the estimate when returning it to us then this will not act as an acceptance of the quotation. However if we decide to go ahead with the removal or storage, subject to the amendment then it will still be subject to a contract on these terms and conditions. However where you seek to amend the estimate we shall also be able to reject the alterations and not undertake the work for you, or to re-
20. For the avoidance of doubt the following matters or circumstances have not, unless otherwise agreed, been taken into account or included in the estimate:
(a) The removal not commencing, other than because of our breach, within 3 months of acceptance of the estimate;
(b) Collection or delivery other than to the ground or first floor of a property;
(c) Removal or storage of extra goods that have not been shown or made known to us;
(d) Provision of extra services;
(e) Removal or storage of any goods mentioned at clause 6;
(f) Any costs, charges or fees that are incurred, including parking fees and permits, congestion in undertaking any removal;
(g) The properties involved not having proper and/or adequate access. This includes, but is not limited to, not being able to park within 20 metres of the door to the property, the access being unsuitable for our vehicles or the property being inadequate for the free and easy movement of the goods into and within the property;
(h) Changes to our costs due to changes in currency values, taxation or freight charges which are beyond our reasonable control;
(i) Delays occurring for reasons that are outside our reasonable control;
(j) the total value of the goods being in excess of £10,000.
21. If the removal or storage does include any of the matters set out at clause 20, and the estimate was not adjusted to take these into account, then you will pay to us the extra costs and expenses incurred because of the effect of those matters.
22.The estimate shall not under any circumstances include a charge for arranging or otherwise procuring insurance over the goods themselves during the removal or storage.